8R Tractor front hitch
The Model 131 Front-Mounted Mower-Conditioner is used to maximize the potential of the 7R or 8R Tractor equipped with a front PTO. This 1000-rpm mower-conditioner can be combined with the following 1000-rpm mower-conditioners to increase productivity:
- Side-pull mower-conditioner
- Center-pivot mower-conditioner
- Twin rear-mounted mower-conditioner
Unmatched productivity is gained with cutting widths up to nearly thirty feet in one pass along with a narrow transport width.
The A-frame adapter enables quick and easy installation of the 131 Front-Mounted Mower-Conditioner. The adapter attaches to the tractor’s front 3-point hitch and locks into the mating headstock that is part of the mower-conditioner.
- Enables easy attaching/detaching of front-mounted mower-conditioner
- Mounting position of headstock is adjustable to assure proper clearance for the forming shields
Down stop chains are include for use with tractors, such as the 8R, without front hitch position sensing. A front chain support kit (RE327692) is required to connect the down stop chains on an 8R Tractor.
The 7R Tractors are equipped with position sensing that has the ability to establish front hitch set points from the CommandCenter™. Position sensing will maintain the height of the hitch arms based on the set point.
The front chain support kit (RE327692) is not required for 7R Tractors, but damage to the front PTO driveshaft can occur if the front hitch positioning is not set correctly, or if the set point is manually overridden.
Hydraulic cylinders are used to raise and lower the cutting platform when crossing headlands.
- Front tractor hitch is not used to raise and lower the cutting platform
- Uses single-acting selective control valve (SCV) to raise platform.
- Lift cylinder operation must be independent of the front hitch operation.